Friday, April 17, 2009

Whither Writing? ...

I have several posts in the Draft stage.

None of them, however, feel right.

Usually, when I write posts, they spill out of my head and on to the screen.

Lately, though, a lot of what I start feels stilted. So I save it as drafts, thinking each idea might contain a kernel of something decent that I can make pop at a later date.

Or not.

But after three false starts tonight, I'm throwing in the towel.

Maybe, like so many other bloggers these days, I'm simply feeling the effects of writing for more than four years. Maybe blogs have life spans and the sun is setting on Finding My Voice.

Maybe that's because I'm close to finding it.

The singing is picking up steam. My confidence is growing.

The writing will always be a part of me, but perhaps it's time to channel it into a book and reap some financial reward.

Perhaps Finding My Voice is the blog equivalent of training wheels and it's time for them to come off.

Then again, perhaps not.

But I suspect the answer is not to be found in between yawns at 1:23 a.m.

Off to bed, then. Let's see what the morning brings.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:32 PM  
Blogger J. Marquis said...

I've been working on a book some days and blogging some days. It feels good, that way if I don't have anything to blog about, I don't feel guilty.

Which sounds kind of ridiculous. Why should I feel guilty about not blogging?

Geez, humans are a weird bunch.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home